Vincent Finnegan will assist you in the administration of a deceased family member or friend. We provide professional advice and understanding to help guide you through the process, explaining the various legal requirements and tax implications involved. In straightforward cases, it usually takes between 6 and 12 months to complete an estate and distribute the sum of the sold assets to the beneficiaries.
Our probate service for executors are detailed as follows:
- Probate Valuation: our advisor will meet you at the property to assess it and provide you with a market valuation at time of passing.
- Pre-sales Advice: on inspection our agent can provide advice on preparing the property for sale, obtaining a BER certificate and any works that may increase the value of the property, including de-cluttering and gardening.
- Property Check: by instructing us, Vincent Finnegan can arrange to have the property checked on a regular basis until the property is sold prior to going to market.
- Sales Advice and Negotiation/Beneficiaries: we will advise you, as the executor, of offers made by prospective purchasers. We will guide you on the strength of these offers and advise on the best course of action.
- After Sales Advice: we will arrange access with bank valuers or surveyors and liaise directly with both solicitors, on your behalf, until the sale has been completed.